Kjellberg Fine Focus
“Custom built plasma tables designed to meet the needs of the technology shop trades programs”
Fine Focus 800 Plasma System
- Recommended cutting range up to 60 mm material thickness/li>
- Maximum piercing 40 mm/li>
- Suitable for cutting with suction unit (dry-plasma cutting) or cutting under water (UWP)/li>
- Fine-focus technique with PLUS-technology for mild steel with very low inclination tolerance and high cutting speed or double-straight effect for the further use of both cutting edges, no waste/li>
- Manual plasma gouging capability for removing welds
THESE ARE CUSTOM ORDER ONLY. PLEASE ALLOW 16 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY.
Plasma gouging is a process which involves melting and removing material by using a plasma arc. It can be used for all electrically conductive materials, i.e. mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, high-melting materials or composites.
Plasma gouging can be performed with a machine torch as well as a hand torch. The gouging takes place by transferring the plasma arc directly onto the workpiece. The plasma torch removes the molten material in an effective manner.
Plasma gouging is mainly used to remove flaws on welds, but also to prepare back-welding on root welds. Furthermore, this process is excellently suitable for removing surface flaws, i.e. cracks, blowholes or inclusions. Other possible applications are the production of notches, the processing of fusion faces as well as the cleaning of casted parts. What should also be mentioned is the high suitability for peeling on surfaces as well as surfaced workpieces and moulded parts.
Compared to mechanical removal processes, the working speed is usually much higher. The user is released from heavy physical work because no grinders or other machines are necessary. Plasma gouging has also succeeded against gouging with carbon electrodes because no regrinding is necessary, the gouged surface is not carburized when using technical gases and the heat input is lower. The process can be performed easier and more precise due to better visibility and control of the gouged area. Especially in case of inconvenient working positions, plasma gouging is excellently suitable due to its easy handling.
- Preparation of reverse side welding (sealing runs)
- Removing of defects on the surface of materials
- Groove face preparation
- Peeling of material on surfaced workpieces
- Cleaning & polishing of castings
- Adjustment of different material cross-sections
- Up to four times higher removal rate of material than gouging with carbon electrode
- No carburization of the gouged material surface
- Easy process handling
- Less distortion of the workpiece through low heat input
- Up to 15 times less formation of smoke
- Reduction of noise level by 10 to 15 dB(A)
- Cost reduction because of lower usage of weld metal due to the fact that joint geometry is under good control